Learn the basics of self-defense in a comfortable, low-impact
- Company team-building event
- As part of a company “health fair”
- School function
- Part 1 of a girls'-night-out
- 1 in 4 women will be raped or sexually assaulted
in their lifetime.
- Most attackers will give up if they think they
cannot succeed (in abduction, rape, etc) within 2-3 minutes.
- Of the women who chose to resist an attacker
fewer than 9% sustain injuries more than a cut or a bruise.
- Workplace violence accounted for 18% of all
violent crime between 1993 to 1999. At work or on duty, U.S. residents
experienced over 1.7 million violent victimizations annually, including 325,000
aggravated assaults, 36,500 rapes, 70,000 robberies, and 900 homicides.
- Creating & maintaining awareness of your
- Verbal de-escalation
- Strategies for avoiding confrontation
- Most important weapons for self-defense
- Considering exit and entry strategies
- Simple example physical practice (intensity & duration can be adjusted; 5 minutes to several hours)
Offering customized one-off self-defense seminars and weekly classes (starting soon).
Instructor: Jon Keeling has been seriously involved in the martial arts
for over 30 years and began teaching Karate in 1984 and self-defense in 1989. Keeling Sensei lived in
Japan for 8 years, where he honed his technical skills. In addition to his
study of traditional Karate, Mr. Keeling has studied Aikido and other martial
arts. An author of over 100 articles relating to Karate, he has an
international reputation as one of the foremost experts in both traditional
Karate as well as practical applications of the martial arts.